Wednesday, March 7, 2012

1910 RLDS Directory






       I found this directory among some family photos.  Moorhead is a tiny town in Monona County, IA  northeast of Omaha, NE.  The early histories of Monona and Harrison Counties list the McIntyres, the Frys, the Adams, and the Manns.  All are related to us. 



A. (Ammon) McIntyre was Grandpa Earl Mc's father who is listed on this page as the Presiding Teacher of the church.  The clerk was Mrs. Perry Mann.  Louella Wilson Mann married Ammon after the deaths of their respective spouses.  My mother and her siblings referred to her as "Grandma Lou."
  



      In an earlier post, I stated that the McIntyres were back in Iowa by 1910.  Here is the ad for the drugstore and in the following pages, the family members are named as members of the church.





      Even if my surname was Outhouse, I don't think I would use it as the name for my real estate business, and  I also don't think the slogan would be "Make this Real Estate office your Headquarters." 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment