Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Few More Sources

     Though I still have some challenges with the blog appearance, I've decided that I will, for the moment, ignore those problems and continue to post. Instead of images for Earl's first two marriages, I found just a listing of the information contained on those images. Looking at the previous posts, I noticed that there are auto-correct marks.  It's after midnight and we're in the month of December.  Maybe, it will be fixed later, but since my goal is to post new information on a regular basis, it is what it is.
     Grandpa McIntyre married his first wife, Ada Mann, in August of 1916. The couple had two sons: James "Amon" and Veryl.  I searched in vain for the cause of Ada's death until I noticed that she died four days after Veryl's birth.  Earl sent Amon to stay with his grandparents for a time while the 1920 census says that Veryl lived with his father. 
      Earl's second marriage was to his housekeeper, Nancy Belle Watters McLane. When the couple married in 1922, Belle was a widow with a daughter named Mildred.  The two had nine more children, eight of whom lived to adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment