Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November 9, 2011



Belle McIntyre is on the left,

    I was talking to my son the other day about the research I'd been doing on family history.  He suggested a blog. This is that blog. 
    The most logical place to begin is with the two members of the clan that we all have in common:  Nancy Bell Waters and Earl Howard McIntyre, my maternal grandparents. 
   There seem to be endless permutations of Bell's name.  In one list  she is Nancy, in another Belle, and in yet another, Bell.  Her last name is sometimes Waters, sometimes Watters, and even found sometimes as Walters.  While I know the last to be the result of someone misreading a handwritten record, the other spellings seem to have been used from time to time.  However, when I look at correspondence and documents such as her marriage license to Earl, the name is Bell.


No comments:

Post a Comment